Monday, October 11, 2010

Nolan Barshinger: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Nolan Barshinger, 26, of Dover.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Teamed with Ken Dixon to the win the Pennsylvania State Bowling Tournament’s handicap doubles title.

I started bowling: At Lincolnway last season.

Bowler I have learned the most from: Ken Dixon.

Many people don’t realize that: I raised my average from 138 to 192 in one year. I received a lot good instruction from Ken Dixon and I rolled about 30 practice games a week.

Most memorable bowling moment: Competing in the national tournament at Reno this year.

Parts of my game I’m working on improving: Hitting my mark consistently and my footwork.

Bowling appeals to me because: I enjoy the challenge of trying to meet the goals I set for myself.

The toughest part about bowling is: Rolling strikes consistently.

Bowlers I enjoy watching: Rick Graham and Jason Weaver.

Future goal: Compete in scratch tournaments.

Note: The Pennsylvania State Seniors Tournament will be held Oct. 16 through Nov. 11 at Sheffield Lanes in Aliquippa, Pa. Entry fee is $20 per bowler and $80 per team. For more information, call (412) 375-5080.

No comments:

Post a Comment