Thursday, January 20, 2011

Adam Landis: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Adam Landis, 37, of York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his first 300 game and high series of 791 at Colony Park Lanes North.

I started bowling: At Lincolnway when I was 10 or 11 years old.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: My teammates.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Take the game frame by frame.

PBA bowler I enjoy watching: Norm Duke.

Most memorable bowling moment: Rolling my first 300 game. It’s been a long-time goal.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Being consistent for three games.

Bowling appeals to me because: I enjoy the competition and the camaraderie.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How competitiveness and enjoyable bowling can be.

Future goal: Roll an 800 series.

Note: Colony Park Lanes North hosts a 40 Frame Game Scratch Tournament on a Kegel pattern, 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Jan. 30. First place is expected to pay $500, based on 40 entries. Entry fee is $30. For more information, call 848-6262.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment