Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Greg Bruff: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Greg Bruff, 29, of West York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Finished third in the Bud Light York County Match Play Championship.

I started bowling: At a military base in England when I was four years old.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Bill O’Neill and my Saginaw Valley College coach Don Dorion.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Stay down on the fourth step of my approach.

Most memorable bowling moment: Setting the house record with an 845 series at a center in Burke, Va.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Bill O’Neill and Anthony Lacoste.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: My timing.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Have fun, practice and ask league bowlers for advice.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How big of a difference there is between an average league bower and the best bowlers, and the difference between a house lane condition and a sport lane condition.

Future goals: Bowl well at the national tournament and win either a state or regional title.

Note: A two-day King of House tournament will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, May 21, at Colony Park Lanes North and 10 a.m., Sunday, May 22, at Colony Park Lanes East. Qualifying consists of six games and the top eight will advance to match play. Entry fee is $20.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment