Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Robert LeCates: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Robert LeCates, 13, of Hellam.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Won his age division at the Pepsi District Tournament, qualifying him to compete in the state tournament in Butler.

I started bowling: At Suburban Bowlerama when I was 11 years old.

Bowler I have learned the most from: Rich Heilman.

My most memorable bowling moment: Winning the Pepsi District Tournament.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Becoming more consistent.

Bowling appeals to me because: I enjoy the individual aspect of the game.

Advice I would give to someone just starting to bowl: Relax and have fun.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How much you can improve from the time you start bowling.

The toughest part about bowling is: The pressure you put on yourself.

Future goal: Increase my average.

Note: The Pennsylvania State Bowling Championships are being held in Altoona on weekends through June 19. Final entry deadline is midnight, June 1. Bowlers can compete in team, singles and doubles categories.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment