Monday, February 21, 2011

Andrew Miller: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Andrew Miller, 19, of Loganville.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled a 300 game and a 760 series at Lion Bowl.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Cory Moore and Jeff Parker.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Keep your emotions under control.

I started bowling: At Springfield Lanes when I was six years old.

My most memorable bowling moment: Rolling my first 300 game in March of 2010.

PBA bowler I enjoy watching: Bill O’Neill.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Adjusting to the changing lane conditions and making the appropriate moves.

The toughest part about bowling is: Throwing strikes.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Learn from any one who’s willing to help you. A lot of bowlers are willing to help, if you ask them.

Future goal: Roll an 800 series.

Note: The 72nd Annual Pennsylvania State Bowling Association Championships will be held March 26 through June 19 in Altoona. Entry fees are $125 for team, $50 for doubles, $25 for singles and $7 for all-events. Final entry deadline is midnight June 1.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment