Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cody Shoemaker: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Cody Shoemaker, 17, of Hanover.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Won this third Pennsylvania Junior Bowlers Tour (PJBT) tournament of the season at Hanover Bowling Centre.

I started bowling: At South Hanover Lanes when I was 10 years old.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Adam Baer and Tyler Herman.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Bowling is five percent physical and 95 percent mental.

Most memorable bowling moment: Finishing seventh in the national North Pointe Insurance tournament in Indianapolis last year and winning $1,000 in scholarship money.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Norm Duke, Michael Fagan and Dan McClendon.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Converting my spares.

Bowling appeals to me because: I grew up around it and I love being around the sport. Plus, there’s always something to learn.

The toughest part about bowling is: Being patient and learning what you need to know to be a good bowler.

Future goal: Attend Saginaw Valley State next year and bowl for their team.

Note: The York-Adams Bowling Hall of Fame banquet will be held a6 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 19, at the York Expo Center. Tickets are $30 per person. Deadline to purchase tickets is Tuesday, Feb. 8. For tickets, call Donna Fitzkee at 764-7727 or Arwana Groves at 848-1632. This year’s inductees are Amy Miller, Rick Mitchell and Terry Huber.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment