Monday, December 6, 2010

Ben Blaylock: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Ben Blaylock, 15, of Hanover.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his personal high series of 616 at Hanover Bowling Centre.

I started bowling: At South Hanover Lanes two years ago.

Bowler I have learned the most from: Bill Myers.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Don’t worry about the past; focus on your next frame like it’s your first one.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Walter Ray Williams Jr. and Chris Barnes.

Most memorable bowling tournament: Winning a York-Adams junior tournament.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Being more accurate.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Try to keep the ball in the middle of the lanes and change if you’re doing something wrong.

The toughest part about bowling is: Staying consistent and making your spares.

Future goals: Earn some scholarships for bowling and qualifying for the Junior Gold Tournament.

Note: Lincolnway Bowling Center hosts the 700 Club’s Doubles Tournament at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 12. Entry fee is $25. For more information, call 792-0113.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment