Friday, December 31, 2010

Brian Kauffman: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Brian Kauffman, 43, of Lancaster.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled an 802 series at Colony Park East. It was his first career 800 series.

I started bowling: At Garden Spot Lanes when I was 18.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Eric Montgomery and Neil Stemplinger.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Bill O’Neill and Norm Duke.

Most memorable bowling moments: My first 300, first 800 and bowling against Earl Anthony in a pro-am.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Don’t take the game too seriously. You’ll bowl better if you have fun.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: My mental game.

Bowling appeals to me because: I love the challenge.

The toughest part about bowling is: Staying up with the newest equipment.

Future goal: Compete in some PBA regional tournaments.

Note: Colony Park Lanes North hosts a King of the Hill Extravaganza, 1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 2. The format features single-elimination main bracket with a consolation bracket. First place is expected to pay $500, based on 128 entries. Entry fee is $30. For more information, call 848-6262.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment