Saturday, December 18, 2010

Corey Stevenson: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Corey Stevenson, 37, of York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled series of 824 and 805 in one week at East Lincoln Lanes.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Terry Small, Daryl Dietz and Dave All.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Be consistent, make your spares and develop your mental game.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Walter Ray Williams Jr., Pete Weber and Parker Bohn III.

Most memorable bowling moments: My first 300 game and my first 800 series.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Adjusting to the lane conditions quicker.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Develop a consistent approach; do everything the same way, every time.

Non-bowlers don’t realize that: You have to learn to read lane conditions if you’re going to be a good bowler.

Bowling appeals to me because: I love a challenge.

Future goal: Average 230.

Note: Colony Park Lanes East hosts a U.S. Women’s Open Qualifier, 10 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 6. The format features eight games of qualifying with the top four bowlers advancing to step ladder finals. The winner will receive an entry for the U.S. Women’s Open, which will be held June 30 in Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Entry fee is $40. For more information, call 755-2946.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment