Tuesday, November 2, 2010

David Kennedy: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: David Kennedy, 61, of Lancaster.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled an 805 series at East Lincoln Lanes.

I started bowling: At Lancaster Lanes 51 years ago.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: The Vitals—Chris, Rob and Neal.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Have fun; if you’re not having fun, quit.

Most memorable bowling moment: Rolling a 300 game while bowling with my son, Jimmy.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Making the 7-pin.

Bowling appeals to me because: I love the competition; I hate to lose.

Advice I would give to someone just starting to bowl: Make sure you get some good instruction. If possible, start in the junior league program.

The toughest part about bowling is: Learning how to adjust to lane conditions and knowing what equipment to use.

Future goals: I think I’ve done it all. I have rolled more than 40 perfect games and 25 800 series.

Note: The York-Adams USBC Annual Open Championships will be held Oct. 30-31, Nov. 6-7 and Nov. 13-14 at Colony Park Lanes East. Entry fees are $112.50 for team, $22.50 for singles and $45 for doubles.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment