Friday, November 12, 2010

Ricky Bennett: Bowler of the Week



Bowler: Ricky Bennett, 32, of Emigsville.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his personal high series of 781 at Lion Bowl.

I started bowling: At Colony Park North when I was 18.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: Dave Zelger and Randy Ruby.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Don’t lose your temper.

PBA bowler I enjoy watching: Parker Bohn III.

Most memorable bowling moment: Bowling in an adult/youth league with my sister Nichole.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: My timing.

Advice I would give to someone just learning to bowl: Practice as much as you can.

Non-bowlers don’t realize that: You have to match the right equipment with the oil pattern.

Future goal: Roll an 800 series.

Note: Colony Park Lanes North is hosting an eight-game marathon on the Kegel Route 66 pattern, 9:30 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 21. Cost is $60 and top prize is $800, based on 40 entries. For more information, visit www.colonyparklanesnorth.com.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler send an email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment