Friday, November 5, 2010

Emily Sweitzer: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Emily Sweitzer, 10, of York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled her personal high game of 136 in the Bantam Division at Colony Park Lanes North.

I started bowling: At Lincolnway when I was seven years old.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: My dad, Bill, my mother, Kristina, and my brother, Billy.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Keep your arm straight.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Hooking my ball.

The toughest part about bowling is: Learning what works best for you. What works for one person may not work for another.

Bowling appeals to me because: You get to meet new people and learn new things.

Non-bowlers don’t realize that: Bowling is a very enjoyable sport.

What I would tell other kids about bowling: It’s a good sport that gives you an opportunity to accomplish something.

Future goal: Beat my high score.

Note: Colony Park Lanes North hosts a King of the Hill Extravaganza, 10:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 24. The format features a single elimination single bracket with a consolation bracket. First place is expected to pay $500, based on 128 entries. Entry fee is $30. For more information, call 848-6262.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment