Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mitch Piskur: Bowler of the Week

Bowler: Mitch Piskur, 48, of Shiloh.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled an 811 series at Suburban Bowlerama. It was his first career 800.

I started bowling: In Vermillion, Ohio, when I was nine years old.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: My dad, Jon, my youth coach, Keith Hall, and Daryl Dietz.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Forget the last frame.

Most memorable bowling moment: The day before my 18th birthday I rolled the first nine strikes in an adult/youth league. I finished with a 279. I did, however, get my first 300 in April 2008.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Making my spares.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Pete Weber, Walter Ray Williams and Nelson Burton.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How many factors go into being a good bowler.

Advice I would give to someone just starting to bowl: Think about every shot and concentrate.

Future goals: Roll another 300 and raise my 214 average.

Note: The Glenn E. Bair tournaments at Hanover Bowling Centre conclude on Sunday, Nov. 28. Bowlers can compete in singles, doubles and team categories. The tournaments paid out more than $113,000 last year. For more information, go to www.HBCbowl.com.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment