Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mike Bair: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Mike Bair, 55, of Hanover.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled games of 245, 299 and 296 for an 840 series at Hanover Bowling Centre.

My reaction to the 840 series: I never thought I would roll an 800 series, particularly since I’ve had nine surgeries on my right eye, leaving me with limited vision.

I started bowling: At Hanover Bowling Centre when I was three years old.

Bowler I learned the most from: My father, Glenn.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Be patient and don’t panic if you roll a bad ball or frame.

PBA bowlers I enjoy watching: Walter Ray Williams Jr., Marshall Holman and Earl Anthony.

Many people don’t realize that: I competed on the PBA Tour from 1980 through 1984.

Bowling appeals to me because: It’s a lifetime sport with few limitations.

The toughest part about bowling is: Learning the fundamentals. There’s less emphasis on them today.

Future goals: Help my daughter, Kristen, and son, Steve, improve their bowling, and it would be nice to win a PBA regional title.

Note: Suburban Bowlerama hosts a 700 Club singles tournament, Sunday, Nov. 14. Squad times are 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The tournament features scratch and handicap divisions. Bowlers will roll three games. Entry fee is $25. For more information, call 848-1632.

No comments:

Post a Comment