Monday, March 28, 2011

Dave Fares: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Dave Fares, 49, of Loganville.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his first 300 at Suburban Bowlerama.

My reaction to the perfect game: I wasn’t nervous until after I rolled the final strike. I was shaking at the start of the next game.

I started bowling: In Baltimore in 1968.

Bowler I have learned the most from: Brian Voss. He used to visit a center in Baltimore and talk to Danny Wiseman a lot. I picked up a number of tips from him.

PBA bowler I enjoy watching: Walter Ray Williams.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Being more consistent.

A lot of people don’t realize that: I’m recovering from knee surgery.

Bowling appeals to me because: I like the individual competition.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Have fun; don’t be so intense.

Future goal: Roll another 300 game so I can prove it wasn’t a fluke. I also would like to roll an 800 series.

Note: Colony Park East hosts a five-game York Area 700 Club on a Cheetah pattern, 10 a.m., Sunday, April 10. Cost is $25 per person.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment