Sunday, March 6, 2011

Micah Grilley: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Micah Grilley, 11, of York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his first 200 game at East Lincoln Lanes.

I started bowling: At East Lincoln Lanes when I was three years old.

Bowler I have learned the most from: Tracy Bair.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Hit your mark and follow through.

Parts of my game I’m working on improving: Focusing on the 10th frame and hitting my mark consistently.

Bowling appeals to me because: My entire family bowls and I know a lot of other people who bowl.

Advice I would give to someone just starting to bowl: Keep the ball on the lane and follow through.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How exciting bowling can be. Most of them think it’s boring.

The toughest part about bowling is: Being consistent from week to week.

Future goal: Roll a 300 game.

Note: Hanover Bowling Centre hosts a six-game singles 700 Club Tournament at noon on Sunday, March 13. Cost is $25 per person. For more information, call 632-2695.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment