Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bob Myers: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Bob Myers, 61, of East Berlin.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled his first career 300 game at Lincolnway Bowling.

I started bowling: At Weiglestown Lanes more than 20 years ago.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Don’t over think the game.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: John Fuhrman and Ralph Dasher.

PBA bowler I enjoyed watching: Earl Anthony.

Most memorable bowling moment: When my VFW team won the VFW tournament at Nellie Fox Lanes.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Making the 10-pin.

Bowling appeals to me because: It keeps me active in the winter.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Don’t give up.

Future goal: A perfect game had been my goal for a long time. Now that I have one, I can’t think of another goal. It’s a great feeling to finally get a 300. I had been close several times.

Note: The Calvin Campbell Memorial Youth Singles Tournament will be held March 26-27 and April 2-3 at Lincolnway Bowling. More than $5,700 in scholarships will be awarded. There are four age divisions. Entry fee is $13 per bowler. Entries must be turned in to the youth program coordinator/coach no later than Saturday, Feb. 26.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment