Monday, March 28, 2011

Lynette Fink: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Lynette Fink, 44, of Dover.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled a 257 game and a 699 series at Colony Park East.

I started bowling: In California when I was 15 years old. I just started back bowling last year after a nine-year layoff.

Bowlers I have learned the most from: My father Tac Handa, Tony Schmitt and my teammates.

PBA bowler I enjoyed watching: Mark Roth.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: Slowing down my speed.

Bowling appeals to me because: I grew up bowling and everyone in my family bowls.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Take lessons.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How competitive bowling can be.

Most memorable bowling moment: Rolling my 699 series.

Future goal: Roll a 700 series. I came so close, so I know I can do it.

Note: The Eighth Annual Pennsylvania State USBC Youth Association Championships will be held April 2-3, 9-10, 16-17 and April 30-May 1 at Moshannon Valley Super Bowl (doubles and singles) in Philipsburg, Pa., and Clearfield Lanes (team event) in Clearfield, Pa. Entry deadline is midnight, Saturday, March 26. For more information, visit www.bowlpa.org.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment