Monday, March 28, 2011

Shelena Paice: Bowler of the Week


Bowler: Shelena Paice, 33, of York.

Latest bowling accomplishment: Rolled a 277 game and a 713 series at Colony Park North.

I started bowling: In Maryland, when I was 10 years old.

Bowler I have learned the most from: My husband, Rich.

Best bowling advice I ever received: Don’t over think the game.

PBA bowler I enjoy watching: Norm Duke.

Most memorable bowling moment: Rolling my non-sanctioned 300 game 11 years ago.

Part of my game I’m working on improving: My consistency.

Advice I would give someone just starting to bowl: Listen to your coaches.

Non-bowlers don’t realize: How much of a team sport bowling is.

Future goal: Roll a sanctioned 300.

Note: The Bud Light York County Match Play Championships will be held April 9-10 and 16-17. Six-game qualifying sessions are scheduled for Hanover Bowling Centre, Saturday, April 9, and Lincolnway Bowling, Sunday, April 10. Match play is scheduled for Colony Park North, Saturday, April 16, and East Lincoln Lanes, Sunday, April 17. Entry fee is $85 prior to April 2 and $125 after that date. First place is worth $1,000. Entry forms are available at local bowling centers.

Bowler of the Week is submitted by the York County Bowling Proprietors Association. To nominate a bowler, send email to bowleroftheweek@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment